Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AAAAND ... BREAK!

*Whew*  So, below this post are all the recipes (and a few awesome women of history) that was recorded on the old website prior to Sept 2008.  Due to "pack rat habits" some of the Ladies have helped me track down some of the themes/and dates (2005 is pretty well fleshed out, especially).  

Next, I will be fishing from our members and seeing who still has old PDF scans of minutes or other scraps of paper from the 2008 - 2012 period.  

We appreciate your patience and understanding that, due to the nature of LUPEC meetings, record keeping is not always our top priority.  However, having a directory of old drinks is a good goal; and I, myself, having only joined in 2011, am really finding all these recipes fascinating and have marked a few for me to make at home, sometime!  After all, the goal is Cocktail Conservation - and if these cocktails are going to "survive," someone's got to make and drink them!

Once we get all the backlog handled, I'm hoping to do regular updates after each monthly meeting, including the theme, the host, the cocktails, and the ladies of note.  Since our standard format is 4 cocktails to go with 4 women, per meeting (though it's not a hard rule, just a guide), I might space each woman/cocktail combo post out a bit, instead of posting all 4 at once.

--- Alabazam, the Archivist 

No comments:

Post a Comment